Skip to content
- Interlink Maritime Corp. is a provider of tonnage to agricultural and industrial commodities companies, shipping companies and end-users.
- Operating a fleet of 28 “handy-size” bulk carriers.
- Focus on energy efficient fleet with double hull design facilitates hold cleaning.
- Was running the company with an unintegrated accounting system supported by MS Excel.
- Multiple locations with limited sharing of information in the system.
- Significant efforts required to extract consolidated financial numbers and limited in options to produce other consolidated reports.
- Needed a solution that could increase the operational efficiency while at the same time meeting the operational business requirements.
- Implementing the ShipNet Commercial Management Solution with the fully integrated ShipNet Accounting System.
- Streamlining ship/shore communication with the use of ShipConnect to capture performance and position details.
- Solution was implemented, and training completed in approximately 3 months.
- Time for doing the quarterly financial close went from approximately 4 weeks to 10 business days.
- Overall, significantly improved transparency on fleet operational activities and enhanced review and analysis of financial data.
- Ease of design and development of consolidated financial reports.